28 November 2011

Hidden Money

Money is a popular theme in stock photography, so it is one that I shoot often.  I tend to relate money to objects in my studio, and in this economy shoot many budget themed images too.

During the planning of this shot I was picturing that stereotypical old woman who hides money under her mattress.  It isn't until her children move her to a new home that they discover her fortune.

It is that feeling you get when you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in a long time and find some money in the pocket.  I have a change jar that I like to throw road trip money into so when the urge for a random adventure strikes there is fun money to be spent.

This set of drawers was not an exciting subject on its own, but adding in some cash gives it a story to tell.  It is a story about spending and a story about saving.  The money can be however much you desire, and the uses are endless.

I like to create these sorts of images that can mean different things to different people.  It is general enough to be what you want it to be, but specific enough to be something meaningful.

5 comments:

  1. I like this shot. It says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog...love to follow u back...but I am already a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! I always think about the money/mattress thing, or people burying wads of cash in their yards somewhere. I wonder how much money is in the ground all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet there is lots of cash stashed away that people never find!

    ReplyDelete