22 November 2011

Spilling the Beans

This image was created to be a general food stock image, and has preformed well in several of my portfolios.  I don't often get to see how the images are used, but I can assume that this one would be found primarily in food settings.

I personally like to think of this image in another light.  To me it is more of a Spilling the Beans concept.  The variety of vibrant colored beans make me think of two children who are best friends, but always seem to tell each others secrets no matter how hard they try to stay quiet.

Once a secret is told there is a random spreading of details.  Some are forgotten, and others spread far from the source.  The spilling action of the beans in this colander reminds me of gossip and how it changes and evolves.  There are many different colors and you can never tell which ones will get farther then others.

I also enjoy these beans on a purely visual level.  The colorful variety is in contrast to the way we find most vegetables.  It is an inspiration to me not only to plan to cook something new, but also to keep new adventures in life. 

In the eyes of this photographer these are not just beans spilling out of a colander.





10 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower on GFC. Would love it if you could come visit and follow back :)
    thebewitchinkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/22/2011

    I wish more artists would explain their art. It just looked like a spilled collander of beans to me. The explaination makes it come to life.

    Very cool!
    Thx
    Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Randa I just visited your blog - thanks for the link -- I am always up for some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cranky Old Man - I just adore your blog ... it is good to have something different on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting Tere's World.
    Following you back.
    http://teresworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee cool take on spilling the beans. :o)

    I'm a new follower from the Blog Trail hop. My blog title also has to do with cupcakes ;o)

    Feel free to stop by my blog!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Tere. Jamie ... I have to follow all cupcake named blogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi following you now from Tuesday blog hop. I like the name of your blog!!

    Hope you'll follow back.

    http://mommieagainblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. On my way over to pay you a visit Kim!

    ReplyDelete