20 February 2012

Weekly Meal Plan

Welcome to Week #4 of my meal planning experiment! So far it is saving me time, money, and grocery shopping which are all good things.  The meal plans are also proving to be helpful in trying out new recipes as well.  Last week I only did okay with the meal plan, altering some of the recipes to suit my tastes, and I did have to make one extra grocery trip.  Overall it was still much more convenient then my old winging it approach ever was.

The way I see it is even if we don't cook exactly what is on the menu, I have food in the house for 6 complete meals which makes improvising easy if we are not in the mood for one of the dishes selected.  All of the recipes get printed out, and if they are good end up in my custom made cook book that I blogged about when I first started this blog.

Weekends and Monday's are crazy for me so I am making this weeks list 7 meals instead of 6 to postpone my next grocery shopping trip if needed.  This weeks menu took me a little longer to create because I was more in the mood for new recipes then the things we normally cook around the house.  It should make for a yummy week!


{old favorites}
Sausage Stuffed Shells with Garden Salad & Fresh Bread
Cornish Game Hens with Stuffing, Roasted Red Potatoes & Green Beans

{new recipes}
Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard  & Potato Salad

Crab Cake Burgers & Tomato Cucumber Salad
Beer Beef Fajitas with Chips & Salsa
Mustard Tarragon Roast Chicken with Egg Noodles

Steak with Quick Mushroom "Risotto"

{baking project - if I have time!}
.77 Carrot Cake as suggested by An Organic Wife

View my other meal planning blog entries at this link.  They are all packed with good recipes so enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how much I actually save when I do sit down and plan the menu. I keep "planning" to do it and it gets put off. I have to start that back up. Thanks for inspiring me! These recipes all sound delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week did take longer to plan and shop for, but I am excited to have some new recipes to try. The real time saver is that I am making less grocery trips!

    ReplyDelete