06 February 2012

Food Ideas for the Week

Well ... it is Monday so I am supposed to have 6 meals planned for the week!  I did okay last week.  We ended up eating out on Wednesday, but the meal plan did result in less grocery trips, and quick and easy dinners.  So I am trying it again this week.  I don't promise to blog it out every week ... we will see how it goes.

The plan is to map out 6 dinners leaving day 7 for eating out, and go grocery shopping on Monday's.  I am trying to plan on 2 old favorites, and 4 new recipes to try to bring some excitement into my kitchen.  So here is what I came up with for this week.

{old favorites}
Pasta with Chicken & Homemade Pesto and a Garden Salad
Spaghetti & Meatballs - we ate out twice last week and missed this one!


{new recipes}
Roast Beef with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Steamed Corn
Skinny Mozzarella Cheese Sticks with Chicken Quesadillas
Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime with Baked Asparagus & Tomatoes
Pork Chops with Mushrooms & Shallots and a Garden Salad.

{baking project - if I have time!}
.77 Carrot Cake as suggested by An Organic Wife

I do have to say the process only took me about half of the time this week!  It looks like it will be a tasty week in my home.  View my other meal planning blog entries at this link.  They are all packed with good recipes so enjoy!








9 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower on GFC and Pinterest, GooglePlus
    Please stop by mine too
    http://www.candoitmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower. I am always interested in finding new recipes for my dinner rotation, thank you. Please stop by and visit me sometime.
    http://llloft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lisa - thanks for stopping by! I just gave your blog a follow. Love the quote of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to be able to plan meals ... just can't get there ;.)

    Stopping by from the Alexa Hop at A Helicopter Mom!

    Karen
    Mommy's Moments
    http://www.mommysmoments.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping in to say hello from bloggity blog! http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karen - I never thought I'd get here either! Now that I have done it for 2 weeks and see the time is has saved me it is inspiration to keep going at it. I will visit your blog for some Alexa love!

    @Kim - Thanks for stopping by! I am off to visit your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on Welcome Wednesday. I'm following on GFC. Are you going to try out the new Linky tool? It is really great especially since GFC is going away. Stop by anytime, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. @lori - I haven't tried the new linky tool yet. I will check it out & your blog!

    ReplyDelete