15 December 2011

Asparagus & Tomatoes

I love fresh, healthy food photography.  On an ideal prop shopping day I am walking only down the fresh produce isle to acquire the objects I need for a vibrant photo shoot.  Asparagus is a vegetable that always seems to catch my eye.  I photographed my first images of asparagus back in photography school in 2003 and haven't stopped ever since.  If you check out one of my stock photography portfolios you will find 59 images on the topic that are currently for sale.

In this image I paired the asparagus with some fresh tomatoes.  I have found that any of the varieties of smaller tomatoes tend to roast well in the oven.  If you take this image as a side dish inspiration you can create the following delicious morsel.

Ingredients
Asparagus
Tomatoes (smaller varieties work best)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 Fahrenheit.  Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Place asparagus in a single layer on the cookie sheet, add tomatoes on top of the asparagus.  Drizzle lightly with olive oil - if you are on a diet low calorie cooking spray works as well.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for 8-10 minutes.

I am all about quick and easy recipes, and it doesn't get much easier then this one!





3 comments:

  1. LOVE your photo of the fresh veggies!! Asparagus is one of my favorites - going to have to try your recipe with the cooking spray - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! It is such an easy recipe, one of my go-to's for a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello, I can't wait to see some more pictures!

    ReplyDelete