20 October 2011

Healthy Holidays

With the holiday's coming I am on the hunt for some healthy alternatives to my favorite foods. Although I am sure I will taste some not-so-good-for-me foods while out and about, I make it a point to always cook healthy at home.

This blog has become the first place I go to hunt for recipes and I love adding to the list. For healthy holiday recipes I really like the suggestions from Delish and The Food Network.  They support my theory that healthy food can be flavorful as well.

For Thanksgiving Plans Cooking Light is a great resource.  It not only has great turkey recipes, but also provides a vegetarian version for those of you who prefer not to eat meat.  If you are eating the meat version this year remember to skip the skin to save some calories.

Lastly, what holiday season is complete without cookies?  Heart Healthy Online has 21 cookie recipes with healthy substitutions for you to try.

I'd love to hear what is happening in your kitchen as well -- leave a comment!

Also today ... check out this blog hop that I am participating in.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/20/2011

    Cooking light is a great magazine - once I learned how to make "light" pound cake I made it everyday for like a month ... probably not the best plan :) Stopping in to follow from the blog hop - hope you can visit and return the favor soon :) www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/20/2011

    Random: are you a nutritionist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping following back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/20/2011

    Thanks for stopping by my blog,http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/ I am already a happy follower.
    To answer your question about the Downy Unstopables, I don't believe it would be easy on sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Crystal - I am not a nutritionist, I just try and live a healthy life. I am a full time photographer, this blog is my little hobby to show off some of my images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower, would love a follow back at Lefthandedideas.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Shauna & @Amanda - I am always happy to follow back. The more blogs on my reading list the better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following Brooke, looking forward to "seeing" (all of your amazing shots) and reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following...stopping by and returning the love! Looking forward to seeing your photographs!!!


    http://singlemominspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/20/2011

    Following you back GFC, FB like and networked blogs. Where's your twitter? Nice design on your blog - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by and following! I came right over and followed on Facebook and on GFC. Check back often as the next 2 months will be lots of contests and prizes going on thru alot of Christmas hops and on my blog that I sponsor. Good Luck and Welcome to blogging.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!! Thank you for stopping by my site. I am returning the favor as Allyson Bossie on Networked blogs! I look forward to reading your site daily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for stopping by! If you'd like to follow me on Twitter as well I am @brooke_photo

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for stopping by! following u back! love the name of your blog! super cute!
    i will be sure to check back to this post around the holidays :)
    have a great weekend!
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by Maria! I put the links up in the recipes section as well so they will be easy to get back to as we get into the nitty gritty of the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great tips, it is so hard to stay healthy this time of year! Glad I found you on the Blog Hop- following!

    ~Kate @ www.cozyupblog.com

    ReplyDelete