07 October 2011

Variety is the Spice of Life


They say that variety is the spice of life, and I found plenty of variety at the farmers market last weekend!  My husband and I were on our way back from the pumpkin patch when we saw a small farmers market with a pen of chickens out front.  I was intrigued so I asked him to stop so I could see the chickens.  The chickens turned out to be a little on the mean side, and the light wasn't great to shoot any stock photography so we decided to look under the tent and see if there was anything we needed since we hadn't been to our local market yet.


I was pleased to find a large variety of fruits and produce, and was immediately disappointed that we still had vegetables in our refrigerator.  I went with some eggplant in several varieties along with some golden zucchini that I haven't ever tasted before.  Besides making a great meal I knew that these vegetables would be the perfect subjects for a stock photography shoot, and they were!

Besides the chickens and the vegetables, we met a group of friendly people working at the market when we checked out.  One person told us about a local yard sale with some great clothing finds which we skipped, because it was getting late in the day, but I really enjoyed his story and seeing all of his purchases in the back of his car.

In my book life is all about the adventure.  A simple trip to a pumpkin patch in a local area that we had never visited lead to some great healthy vegetable finds as well as meeting some quirky people along the way.  Living a healthy lifestyle isn't about restriction, it is about discovery.  Find new places, and experience new food while nourishing your mind and body.  I wouldn't want to live my life any other way.

1 comment: