27 February 2012

Uses for Q Tips

Q Tips are something that most people have around the home, including me.  The everyday nature of these simple objects was the inspiration when I took this photograph on simple white with a mirror.

In honor of simplicity, and the cotton swab here are some useful applications for this unique product.

  1. Dip in rubbing alcohol to clean hard to reach places on electronics.
  2. Use a disposable paintbrush for children's art projects or to touch up a painting.
  3. Keep in your purse for a make up touch up tool.
  4. Dip in soapy water to for hard to reach housecleaning spots.  This works especially well on details of basebaords.
  5. Pull off the cotton ends, and use the stick to scrape mud out of your hiking boots.
  6. Q tips are prefect for getting intricate details when shining silver or refinishing furniture.
  7. Make portable perfume applications.  Spray some perfume on the ends of the swab, and store in a plastic bag until ready to use.
  8. The sticks can be used for art projects, or as lollypop stick in candy making.
  9. Perfect glue applicator for small spaces.
  10. Apply face paint on Halloween or at a birthday party.
I love products with multiple uses!

PS - The meal plan will be out tomorrow - we had several occasions to eat out last week so dinner for tonight is covered.

12 comments:

  1. Love your blog, found it on the blog hop. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopping by from a blog hop. I am your newest GFC follower and Linky follower. I hope you can swing by and follow me too! Thanks, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Erin - on my way over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've thought of everything! I am your newest follower (thanks to blog hop till you drop). I would be flattered if you stopped by and followed me too! @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amy - Thanks for stopping by! I will give your blog a follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tips! stopping by for the blog hop! please check out my sit when you get the chance

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I hadnt thought about all the different uses, though I do it from time to time.
    With kids, we put vasoline on them and use them to put it in their nose (dry noses and nose bleeds) putting it just in the nose, keeps it moist.

    I'm a new G+ follower.

    Regina
    www.thecrazynutsmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Regina - that's a great addition to the list!

    @Malia & Regina - I will check out both of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. meal plan???? I'm new here as you know so I'm wondering. I am always looking for ways to eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Michelle you can find all my meal plan posts here : http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com/search/label/mealplan

    ReplyDelete