25 January 2012

Sales & Discounts in Stores

The thing with this time of year, and the economy is it seems like everything is on sale!  I have found myself browsing sale rack after sale rack in stores as I browse around for other goods.  Yesterday I went to Target for some printer ink, and ended up picking up several clothing items "on my way" to that section of the store.  As I continued to shop and find great deals I realized that they were out of the ink that I needed, and then I realized that was the reason I walked into the store.  I looked at all my sale finds, decided I didn't need them and walked out with a bottle of shampoo from my grocery list instead.

Just because something is cheap, on sale, or I have a coupon for it does NOT mean that I necessarily need it.


Don't forget about the $100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway I have going on right now.  You can find that blog post at this link.




13 comments:

  1. I agree it is so tempting to purchase things just because they are on sale. If we don't really need the items are we really saving money?
    Following you from Welcome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - We are absolutely not saving money if we buy things we don't need! I try to stick to my list, and evaluate everything I pick up before I make a purchase. I am a big put things back person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog...so helpful and such great tips and finds!

    Glad you stopped by today, and now I'm going to check back with your blog frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from hop til you drop. Have a great weekend. http://mavesfaves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true; I have done that same thing many times. You made a good decision :)

    I'm stopping by from Aquariann's Winter Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article and great blog. I am now following you . I would love it if you follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by! I am headed over to your blogs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the information.

    Buy your dream home at Aditya Beaumont - offering 3 bhk flats for sale in hyderabad. View amenities, nearby areas & Become a Part of Largest Gated Community in the Vicinity of Jubilee Hills.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Nice blog, Informative. Thanks for sharing
    Urbanrise on cloud 33

    ReplyDelete